Risotto is one of the most famous Milan dishes! This tasty vegan and gluten free recipe uses fresh asparagus and turmeric.
Asparagus and turmeric risotto
- 280 g rice Carnaroli or Arborio
- 400 g Asparagus
- 1 small onion or 1 scallion or 1/2 leek
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 150 ml rosè wine
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Rinse asparagus and peel them, cut the asparagus tips and reserve
- bring a small pot of water to boil and put the asparagus base, cook for 10-15 minutes, drain reserving the resulting liquid that will be used for the risotto cooking
- blend the asparagus base using the immersion mixer, and strain using a colander to eliminate the fibers, reserve the sauce obtained, salt and pepper to taste
- put some EVOO in a pan, add the asparagus tips, add 50 ml rosé wine and cook for 3-5 minutes depending on how big are the asparagus, salt and pepper to taste, reserve
- put some EVOO in a pot, add the onion thinly diced and briefly cook, add rice, stir and let it shine, add 100 ml rosé wine, let the alcohol evaporate, add some vegetable broth, stir and let it absorb, continue to add broth as needed,
- 5 minutes before the end of cooking time, add turmeric powder, salt and pepper to taste, gas off, let risotto rest 2 minutes,
- plating: put risotto on the dish, add the asparagus sauce in the center and put the asparagus tips on top and serve.
If you need to convert the measurement units or scale this recipe, please copy the url of this recipe and visit this page