Pasta cacio e pepe is one of the most famous Italian dishes, more specifically it is Roman cuisine.
In this version we will use homemade tagliatelle.
Quick to prepare and delicious despite its simplicity.
You can prepare this pasta cacio e pepe in one of our cooking classes.
- 200 g Flour, type 00 or if you can't find it, all purpose
- 2 eggs, medium size
- 80 g pecorino cheese
- Prepare the dough, create a volcano with the flour, put the eggs inside and mix, knead the dough for at least 20 min until it becomes elastic, then wrap in plastic film and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Alternatively, use your Kitchen Aid mixer or similar appliance with the hook tool for the same time, 20 minutes.
- After 1 hour you can use the dough, split into parts no more than 50g each, use one of this and leave the rest in plastic film.
- After fixing the pasta machine at the table, sprinkle some flour on the table and roll the dough starting with the largest thickness and then to the smaller thickness, than pass the rolled dough thru the tagliatelle cutter tool and lay them on the table, sprinkle again the flour, do not pile up tagliatelle otherwise they will stick each other.
- Bring to boil a pot of water, add salt and in the meantime grate the pecorino cheese in a large bowl.
- Put the tagliatelle in the boiling water, , let them cook for 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness,
- Before the end of the cooking time, pour some boiling water in the bowl with pecorino cheese and mix well to dissolve the cheese creating a creamy sauce, grate some pepper.
- Drain the tagliatelle and pour it into the bowl, mix, grate some more pepper on top and serve immediately,
If you need to convert the measurement units or scale this recipe, please copy the url of this recipe and visit this page